What is the Student Advisory Council?
The Student Advisory Council is a yearlong service leadership development program for students throughout Greater Cincinnati and Northern KY in grades 8-12. SAC members work together to provide their peers throughout the community with opportunities to make a difference in the lives of the children and families served by Josh Cares. The SAC meets quarterly on Sunday afternoons, in addition to several other events and meetings throughout the year. Council members will have the opportunity to serve in a leadership capacity on various projects throughout the year. The SAC provides leadership to Josh Cares’ signature student service project, the Chain of Love. SAC members do not work directly with patients of Cincinnati Children’s, but they do many things to greatly improve the quality of life for our patients and their families.
Congratulations to the 2013 Leadership Corps of the SAC for being named “Outstanding Youth in Philanthropy” by the Association of Fundraising Professionals!
Criteria for Participation:
- Student must be entering grades 8-12 in the upcoming school year.
- Students should have volunteer and community service experience.
- Experience or interest in organizing a student service project through a school, youth group, or on their own.
- Students are expected to fully participate throughout the year by attending quarterly Sunday afternoon meetings as well as multiple activities and events throughout the year.
- Gain leadership experience
- Meet and work with students from other schools throughout the area.
- Make a difference in the lives of hospitalized children and their families.
- Inspire other students and your community to make a difference, too.
SAC Application Form